The Netiquette Agreement serves as an addendum to the school’s existing Acceptable Use Policy for Technology and has been created to ensure all remote learners will have a successful learning experience at Corbett Prep. It is important that the expectations listed below be followed to make the remote environment as positive and productive as possible.
Expectations for all
- When using Zoom in class sessions, the video is to be on with the microphone muted. The teacher will guide microphone usage. Please kindly remind others if their microphone needs to be muted.
- Each student’s full face should be in view.
- When in class sessions or meetings, cell phones or other private means of communication should be away from the student to minimize distractions (just as would be expected in school).
- Chat functions within a Zoom call should be used for the educational benefit of the class with the teacher’s permission.
- Students are to disconnect promptly when a Zoom class ends.
- Digital tools and digital apps need to be used in a manner that is aligned with creating the best classroom culture to meet class objectives.
- Any recording, screenshot, share, re-post, or otherwise capturing or sharing digital content/classroom lessons created via any of our remote learning platforms violates school policy. Electing not to comply with this expectation will result in disciplinary action to be determined by the administration.
All Remote Learners are expected to:
- Have a computer that is equipped with a webcam and speakers or headphones. Phones are for another time.
- Establish a workspace within the house that minimizes distractions and includes a desk, chair, lighting, and access to electrical outlets.
- Check email and Canvas regularly throughout each school day and respond in a timely manner. (Middle School)
- Be on time for classes and teacher appointments.
- Ensure your ZOOM background is appropriate for school.
- Enter each school day well groomed and with the mindset of being on campus in appropriate dress code attire: pants, shorts, and Corbett Prep logo tops for Monday through Thursday. (Friday is favorite T-Shirt Day)
- Be prepared with the appropriate supplies: computer, earphones, textbooks, notebooks, calculator, writing implements.
- Proactively reach out to teachers, advisors, and administrators with questions and/or concerns. (Middle School)
- Abide by the community’s academic integrity expectations: submit only original work, using only permitted materials and documented sources.
All In-School Learners are expected to:
- Use their laptop at times designated by the Teacher.
- Stay within their assigned workspace area.
- Assist others as a “hands-free coach” only.
- Remove the laptop from its cart when given permission by a Teacher.
- Return the laptop to its cart when given permission by a Teacher.
- Zoom with other students only when given permission by a Teacher.
- Download to the laptop only when given permission by a Teacher.
- Only go to websites as directed by a Teacher.
- Use your own personal headphones with your laptop as needed.
- Be accountable for your laptop throughout the day. You must make sure it is well taken care of preventing any bumps, falls, or other damage. (Middle School)