Canvas Learning Management System
What is Canvas?
Canvas is Corbett Prep's learning management system (LMS). It is designed to make teaching and learning easier by connecting all the digital tools and resources teachers use into one simple place. Canvas is used by top universities and colleges all over the world and now by the incredible students and teachers at Corbett Prep!
How we use Canvas across the school differs based on the grade level. Parents may choose to use the student or parent apps. We recommend that parents of students in PreK3-4th grade use the Canvas Student App and parents of students in 5th-8th grade use the Canvas Parent App.
Canvas Parent enhances the potential for parents to engage in their children's education. Parents can review upcoming or past assignments, check on grades and receive alerts for student activity. Each elementary student is enrolled in a homeroom class and a number of specials classes. Middle School students have access to all of their classes.
PreK3-4th grade parents will log into Canvas either through the Student app or through the school website to access newsletters, technology resources, syllabi, photos, current units of learning, calendars and more.
Fifth-8th grade parents can use the Canvas Parent app to view assignments, due dates, announcements, grades and subscribe to grade alerts. For a more detailed look at the work your student is submitting, use the Canvas Student App.
Usernames and passwords
Corbett Prep has assigned usernames to all students and helped them with passwords. Parents received an email in September 2021 with their children's login information. If you are needing that information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help for parents
We have provided detailed instructions on how to log into and access the apps. This video overview will walk you through how to use the Parent app. For additional questions call (813) 961-3087 or email email@example.com.
Canvas offers three apps – student, parent and teacher. We recommend parents of students in PreK3-4th grade use the student app, and parents of students in 5th-8th grades use the parent app. Parents can also access Canvas via a computer on a web browser also by creating an account here. Note: This is a different login screen than our students use. They log in using their Microsoft Office 365 credentials.
|Canvas Student App
Who: All students
Parents with students in PreK3-4th grade
Download on the App Store
Download on Google Play
Canvas Parent App
Who: Parents of students in 5th-8th grade
Viewing Canvas on the Student App
The first time you log in, you need to identify our school and log in with your student's user ID and password.
- Open Canvas Student App.
- Tap Find My School.
- Type "Corbett Prep." When the full name appears in the search list, tap Corbett Preparatory School. (Note: Corbett Preparatory School-Parent is only used for the Parent App.)
- On the next page, type your student's Corbett Prep email address.
- Enter student password and tap Sign In. Students in 4th grade and younger have school-issued passwords; 5th grade and older set their own.
- The Canvas dashboard will open.
- For multiple students, click the three lines on the top left and tap Change User.
Viewing Canvas on the Parent App
The first time you log into the parent app, you will need to identify our school and create a Canvas Parent Observer Account.
- Download and open the Canvas Parent App.
- Tap Find My School.
- Type “Corbett." When the full name appears in the search list, tap Corbett Preparatory School - Parent. (Note: Corbett Preparatory School is only used for the Canvas Student App.)
- On the next page, create a new parent account by clicking Create Account at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the next page with your name, email and create a password.
- Next, you need your student’s help to get something called a Pairing Code. You can also call Corbett Prep or email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for it.
- Ask your student to log into their Canvas account (or you can log in as them) and do the following: tap Account, tap Settings, tap Pair with Observer. This generates the code to use to pair with your student.
- Tap Start Participating.
For questions about specific lessons or assignments on Canvas, reach out to your child's classroom or specials teacher.
For technology questions, password help, pairing codes and more, email our technology team at email@example.com.
In Canvas, students are enrolled in courses that correspond to their homeroom classes, specials, electives and clubs. Students can navigate to their dashboards to see a list of every course in which they are enrolled. Clicking on the course will take them to the class home page, where they will find additional information such as assignments, announcements, photos or helpful links.
Logging in on a desktop
Logging in via the app
Students and PreK3–4th grade parents will log in to Canvas either through the student app or through the website.
This video will show you the basics of how to use the Canvas Student App at Corbett Prep. We are asking that all parents of students in PreK3-4th Grade use the Canvas Student App and parents of 5th-8th graders use the Canvas Parent App.