Acceptable Use Policy for Technology
The Acceptable Use Policy for Technology is an agreement between Corbett Prep and the student. By selecting "Agree," you confirm that both the student and the parent have read and agree to this policy.
1. I understand that I am permitted to access technology at my school because I am expected to act in a manner in which I can always be trusted to act responsibly using dignity and respect in all communications.
2. I understand fully that I am permitted to use Corbett Prep computers and school owned electronic devices only when permission is granted by my teachers.
3. I understand that I am permitted to use the Corbett Prep technology on this campus strictly for school assignments or projects that are school related. I also understand that downloading programs or apps other than those permitted by the school will be an action needing strict consequences.
4. I understand that all other electronic devices are to be used outside of school unless I have written permission from my teacher.
5. I understand and agree that:
a. I will always use appropriate respectful language and appropriate respectful visuals when using computers and school owned electronic devices with permission by my teachers.
b. I will only explore school appropriate websites that have been pre-approved by the instructor.
c. I will only access and use my school email account or applications for educational purposes.
6. I understand that any controversial sites visited will receive swift and immediate action by the administrator.
7. I understand that I will only access the network drives to which I have been assigned. I will also report any attempts to hack into restricted network drives.
8. I understand and agree that pictures of students that display the Corbett Prep name and logo will remain off the Internet including Social Media accounts unless posted by a school official for marketing purposes.
9. I understand that it is my responsibility to immediately report any damage I may discover that has been made to any computer, laptop, or tablet to which I have been assigned.
10. I will refrain from using school issued equipment to use inappropriate language, bully and/or harass others. If I am privy to information about inappropriate language, harassment and/or bullying, I will immediately contact an instructor or administrator, in order to uphold the highest standards for myself, our students and our school.
I understand that any use other than the above items #1-10 will be considered breaking school policy and will be met with immediate consequences to be determined by the Heads of School.
I agree to follow the above items (#1 - 10) 100% of the time.
I agree to all of the above in order for my child to continue to receive school privileges.
Back to Parent Portal and Information