After-School Programs & Extended Day
Corbett Prep offers Extended Day and After-School Activities (ASA) for families. Students who are interested in additional opportunities in the arts or sports will want to explore the Community School of the Arts (CSA) and Community School for Sports (CSS), which have programs available to Corbett Prep families as well as students from other schools.
Corbett Prep families
View options and sign up for all programs – Extended Day, ASA, CSA and CSS – through your 2020-21 Parent Portal.
Create an account through the program that interests you. You will receive an email with instructions on how to complete your registration and log in on future visits.
Health and Safety
We are looking to provide a safe environment for all our students and instructors based upon the Corbett Prep Back-to-School Plan.
A few important highlights:
- All students coming from dismissal will have a temperature check before attending After-School Activities (ASA).
- ASA will require all students and instructors to wear masks for all activities.
- Hands will be washed before and after all classes.
- All equipment will be assigned to individual students for each class. Students will only use their assigned items for the duration of that class, and all equipment will be disinfected after each class.
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
After-School Activities, CSA and CSS
The many options provide an array of great extensions in learning and experiences to grow both the right and left sides of the brain.
After-School Activities (ASA)
Our After-School Activities (ASA) program is just for Corbett Prep students and typically starts immediately after dismissal. Selections vary each session but may include fishing and canoeing, soccer, Lego robotics, yoga, martial arts, chess and more.
Parents may pick students up after the activity ends or opt to enroll in Extended Day, supervised free play, which is open until 6 p.m. Dismissal for ASA programs will be in front of the main office (Station 3). As a reminder, per Corbett Prep protocol, parents are required to remain in vehicles. ASA instructors will be responsible for dropping off children at Extended Day as needed.
Download the brochure for our winter ASA sessions.
Community Programs at Corbett Prep
Students who want a more in-depth experience in sports or the arts may wish to sign up for Community School for Sports or Community School of the Arts, which provide lessons and skill development after school and are open to students outside of Corbett Prep as well.
Please contact Donna Harvey with questions about signing up for Extended Day.
- Available from 3-6 p.m. Monday through Friday and on most half days from noon to 6 p.m.
- The costs include a snack and varies with the plan selected.
- Parents may choose to pay by month or on annual or semi-annual plans.
- Students in grades 3 through 8 spend the first hour in the library for supervised time to complete their homework.
- Younger students with homework may complete their work in the extended day rooms with supervision.
- There will be an additional charge of $10 per child for pick-ups after 6 p.m.