Become part of Ariel's world as the Middle School Thespian Troupe 88622 presents Disney's "The Little Mermaid Jr." The students have prepared these special performances for the Florida Junior Thespian Mainstage Competition. Be sure to join us for this beloved show Oct. 11-12.
Complete Online through Parent Portal by Aug. 19.
Log in to the Parent Portal to access and update the following back-to-school forms:
- Grandparent Address Update Form
- Parent Chaperone Guideline Form
- Technology Agreement
- Academic Honesty Agreement
- IB Mother Tongue Survey
You should have received an email with a username and instructions to set your password for MyCorbettPrep, our student information system. You will need to use the link provided to you the first time you log in. From there, it will prompt you to create your own password. If you still need to receive your username and password link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (813) 961-3087.
To reset your password, click here.
Download step-by-step instructions for logging in and submitting online forms.
Complete on Paper and Return on or Before Aug. 19
Download the Back to School Checklist to help you track your progress.
- Student Emergency Data form (notarization required)
- Authorization for Administering Medicine (notarization required)
- Immunization Guidelines and Sample Forms for PreK, K, 7th grade and new students only
- Health Physical Guidelines and Health Form Sample for PreK, K, 7th grade and all new students
- Family Photo Form (important for safety and emergencies)
Important Dates and Information
- Welcome Back Letter
- Invitation to Parent Orientation Meeting for ALL NEW STUDENTS (including current families with students new to Corbett Prep), Thursday, Aug. 15
- Invitation to Welcome Back Party, Friday, Aug. 23. Adult-only evening tradition for families.
- ABC's of Annual Giving or Give Online
- Back-to-School Checklist
- August and September Calendars
- Explanation of Five-Day Rotation Schedule
- Online Calendar
- PFA Information
Key Purchases to Start School
- Lunch Program welcome and first trimester menus, online orders information
- Bus transportation information and routes
- Extended Day information
- Required event and field trip polos, Middle School P.E. uniforms and dress code-compliant shirts (order clothing online through the Spirit Store)
- School Supply Lists for all grades
Athletic Requirements and Tryouts (4th through 8th grade)
- Log in to the Parent Portal
- Sign up for Extended Day
- Sign up for Bus Service
- Order Lunch
- Order a Middle School PE Uniform or Required Polo
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Explore Canvas
- Give to the Annual Fund
Our current families for 2019-20 are invited to log in to Corbett Prep's Parent Portal, a password-protected site with important information and updates. You should have received a username in an email that provided instructions to set up your password.
You should have received an email with a username and instructions to set your password for MyCorbettPrep, our student information system. You will need to use the link provided to you the first time you log in. From there, it will prompt you to create your own password. You can submit your 2019-20 back-to-school forms from that same site or if you would like to return at another time, you may come back to this page and log in with the same credentials here to access your contract as well as other important information.
If you still need to receive your username and password link, please email email@example.com or call the office at (813) 961-3087.
To reset your password, click here.
Canvas is Corbett Prep's learning management system (LMS). Students are enrolled in courses that correspond to their homeroom classes, specials, electives and clubs. It is designed to make teaching and learning easier by connecting all the digital tools and resources teachers use into one simple place.
Learn about the Canvas apps, read tutorials and find links for parent and student access here.
Corbett Prep's 25th annual golf tournament and fall social will be held on Oct. 14 and Oct. 18 at the beautiful Avila Golf & Country Club. You can sign up online as a sponsor or golfer or purchase tickets for the social. The tournament is on Monday, Oct. 14, and we will join together to celebrate at the social on Friday, Oct. 18! All PFA fundraisers support technology in the classrooms.
Founders Marilyn Gatlin and Betty Anderson embraced a philosophy that happy students – respected as individuals and allowed to fulfill their needs to "play, investigate and be themselves" – were more open to learning than students who felt unhappy, tense and fearful at school. Corbett Prep will host Admissions Open Houses for prospective families at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019, and Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019.
With butterfly releases, rocket launches, magic and more, Corbett Prep teachers inspire students on the first day of school to think about the kind of year they want to have and how they will work together.
Known as "WOWs," these first-day traditions make for a memorable start to each school year. In August, teachers plan activities for each grade level to help students set goals, learn to work in teams and build community, setting the tone for the new school year in a positive and engaging way.
Corbett Prep Drama/Dance Teacher Julie Nelson traveled to New York in November to see one of her students appear on Broadway. A few months later, the fourth grader returned to Tampa with a surprise for his influential teacher.