We help our students become caring, responsible, contributing citizens.
a culture of dignity and respect for all
- Annual award-winning Middle School retreat offers an emphasis on building a community of dignity and respect.. Corbett Prep is a proud recipient of a National Character Education Partnership Promising Practices Award for our Middle School retreat.
- Weekly multi-age Advisory teams follow a school-wide curriculum that emphasizes noble character traits.
Commitment to Community Service
- Service work days throughout the year at several area organizations - working with children, visiting the elderly, helping the needy, and taking care of animalls
- Student input is valued in researching and planning service experiences.
- IB value of service learning provides experiences of kindness, compassion, and empathy.
- Reflection goes hand in hand with volunteerism. Teachers lead advisory groups through discussions and writing exercises that help students process what they experienced and put their contributions into a bigger context.
- Partnership with YALE Center for Emotional Well Being supports self-awareness, self control, well being.
- Faculty trainings provide the foundation for modeling the importance of self and social awareness.
International Mindedness and responsibility
- IB MYP curriculum tied to exploring "fairness and development, globalization and sustainability."
- IB Capstone Projects are student-planned, self-directed, and demonstrate responsible action
- Relationships with visiting students from Spain and China develop perspective, open mindedness, respect for other cultures.
Culture of Collaboration and Community, inclusion and diversity
- Work together in teams, practicing student presence, positive open body language, positive phrasing
- Diverse student population and variety of interactions - class, clubs, electives, teams, etc., encourage inclusion, tolerance, and open-mindedness