Dear Corbett Prep Parents,
On behalf of the Corbett Preparatory School of IDS Board of Trustees, Teachers and Staff, we are excited to welcome you to a great 2018 - 2019 academic year. This information signals to new and returning families your HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT WITH DUE DATES to prepare for a smooth school opening.
Online you will find many Back-to-School Key Documents that are easily downloaded from our website. Enclosed is the CHECKLIST THAT REQUIRES A SIGNATURE, letting us know that all information is up-to-date and in the office (Please see #4 below AND ALSO NOTE the description of our NEW ONLINE lunch program procedures enclosed in the mailing).
Our hardworking and dedicated office staff always appreciate your prompt follow-through by returning all forms along with the checklist. For those who would prefer a complete paper packet, please call our office, and we will be happy to mail it or have it ready for you to pick up.
In the Student/Parent Handbook, you will find Corbett Prep policies that are worth emphasizing again. Please remember the following key points:
- ARRIVAL: School begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. for everyone. Use RIGHT TURN ONLY to exit Corbett Prep allowing traffic to move smoothly off campus. On opening day, we will have deputies here to guide us through a smooth traffic flow.
- DISMISSAL: Sixth through Eighth Grade, 3:00 p.m. PreK through Fifth Grade, 2:50 p.m. Wednesday & Thursday, August 15-16, PreK and Kindergarten dismissal at 12:00 P.M.
- ALL students are required to wear a Corbett Prep field trip polo shirt on ALL field trips for off-campus activities and for school special events. The shirts provide easy recognition and increase safety, making it easier to monitor students. The shirts are also another symbol of pride in our school.
- The Student/Parent Handbook that was mailed to you is required reading so that everyone is well informed about policies and expectations. Please sign the checklist confirming that you have read the handbook and return on or before Wednesday, August 15 (Please be sure to read and honor the dress code on page 17).
- Orientation for Parent of All New Students (including current families with new students.) We encourage adults-only attendance. We count on your 100 percent attendance at the Parent Orientation on August 9 at 7:00 p.m. in the Grand Room on the 2nd floor of the "New Building" (waiting to be named). See you there!
- We want to give a huge thanks to the PFA for always organizing a dynamic, vibrant and very effective volunteer program. We encourage everyone to participate as much as possible. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being contacted by a PFA representative to volunteer. (See Volunteer Handbook and Interest Survey online.)
We hope you enjoy the discovery of all the important back-to-school information. Please respond promptly where appropriate, so that we may serve you well. We look forward to opening day on Wednesday, August 15. See you soon to once again "CATCH THE SPIRIT" WITH CORBETT PREP!!