Arrival and Dismissal – We Need Your Help!
Dear Corbett Prep Families, We really need your help with dismissal! You may have noticed a Hillsborough County deputy in the dismissal car line yesterday. He was responding to a community complaint regarding the length of time that Corbett Prep is blocking Orange Grove Drive.
As you know, we work hard to make sure dismissal goes as quickly and smoothly as possible while ensuring safety. However, arriving at school before dismissal begins causes a large backup on Orange Grove. Students begin dismissing at 2:45 p.m. on the East Side/elementary campus and 2:55 p.m. on the Middle School campus. It is important to know this stretch of Orange Grove Drive is a no-standing zone, and the police can write a citation to both you as the driver and us as a school. Please try to arrive at school after 2:40 p.m.
Fun Fact! If you arrive at 2:45 p.m., it takes an average of 13-15 minutes to get through our car line. If you arrive at 3 p.m., it takes 3-5 minutes. Our dismissal runs until 3:15 p.m. at which time students go to Extended Day.
Please have your car tags clearly visible so we can see them to have your child ready for you when you pull to the curb. This will also help dismissal move faster. We are proud members of our Carrollwood community and would like to respect the needs of our neighbors while also modeling good neighborly behavior. We really need your help with this!
Pick-Up/ Drop-Off Locations
- Station 1: PreK3, PreK4 and Kindergarten (Farish Center back circle)
- Station 2: 3rd Navigators, 4th Explorers (Gatlin Hall)
- Station 3: Bugs, Monkeys, Cats (Main Office)
- Station 4: All-Stars, 5th Grade (Dance Room)
- Station 5: Grades 6-8 (Middle School Dean Dining Hall)
Back-to-School Night for PreK3-5th grade is tonight!
Join us from 5:30-8 p.m. to visit your child's classroom and meet Specials Division teachers. The classroom sessions (Sessions 1 and 2) contain the same material, and you are welcome to decide which one to attend. Specials teachers are available in their classrooms throughout the evening for you to visit.
- Session 1: 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the classroom
- Session 2: 7-8 p.m. in the classroom
- Specials: 5:30-8 p.m. in Specials classrooms (a map will be available when you arrive on campus)
- Zoom: We are streaming each classroom on Zoom. All parents received an email from Mr. Johnson on Wednesday afternoon about Back-to-School Night that contained Zoom links for every class.
Middle School families:
West Side Back-to-School Night is 5:30-9 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14 for grades 6-8. There is one session only.
Middle School Back-to-School Night begins promptly at 5:30 p.m. in the Bellini Gym and ends at 9 p.m. Please block out this time for meeting with and hearing from all Middle School teachers during our rotation after joining together in the Middle School Bellini Gym.
Please arrive at the beginning time to be placed in a rotation schedule that both teachers and parents will follow.
HEALTH AND SAFETY: Our Back-to-School Nights are taking place in person to give you a chance to see your child's classroom, meet teachers and ask questions. To help us hold these events safely, we need all guests to wear masks when inside. We also ask that only one person represent each family to allow us to spread out more in the classrooms – adults take up more space than children!
September Dates to Know
THURSDAY, SEPT. 9: East Side Back-to-School Night, two classroom sessions from 5:30-8 p.m.
TUESDAY, SEPT. 14: West Side Back-to-School Night, one session for Middle School parents from 5:30-9 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 15: Noon dismissal for faculty in-service.
Noon Dismissal Reminders
Wednesday, Sept. 15 is a noon dismissal for students for teacher in-service. Extended Day is provided from 12-6 p.m.
Extended Day is a service offered to families who need a later pick-up. We are asking that all families who are able to pick up their children at dismissal to please do so. This will assist us with our continued focus on safety.
So we can staff appropriately, please register your child for the half-day Extended Day by Monday, Sept. 13. If you are on the annual or semi-annual Extended Day plan, half days are already included.
- Extended Day cost for Sept. 15 will be $15, regardless of the length of stay (except for those on the Yearly-Extended Day plan). An afternoon snack and bottled water will be provided.
- All students attending Extended Day are required to bring LUNCH.
Extended Day Pick-Up Procedures
Parents must remain in their cars for pick-up. When you arrive, please text your child's first & last name to (813) 895-9395. Students will be brought to you by a member of our Extended Day team. Please have your car tag visible.
- Station 1: PreK3, PreK4 and Kindergarten (The back loop by Kindergarten and Farish Center)
- Station 4 Grades 1-5 (outside Dance Room)
- Station 5: Grades 6, 7, 8 (outside Middle School Dean Dining Hall)
Parent-Faculty Association (PFA) News
By PFA President Lauren Lipschutz
Did you know that the PFA has an Amazon Smile account?
By selecting Corbett Prep as your charity, a small portion of your purchases comes back to school. You can make this choice by visiting the settings section online or through the app and selecting Amazon Smile and then search Corbett Prep. You can feel great about every package that comes to your door knowing you are supporting our school!