- NOON DISMISSAL REMINDER TEACHER IN-SERVICE on WEDNESDAY, OCT. 2: Reminder that it is important to pick up your children by 12 p.m. to allow our teachers to have lunch and begin in-service training promptly, so they also can prepare for conferences.
- EXTENDED DAY PROVIDED on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 12 until 6 p.m. Activities will be based in the Extended Day Room.
- PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES: Oct. 3 and 4. Please be sure to confirm conference times for Specials as well as core classes. Thank you!
INTERNATIONAL DOT DAY INSPIRES CREATIVITY
by All-Star Teacher Ann Cashen
Last week Corbett Prep joined more than 15 million people across 181 countries to celebrate International Dot Day! Classes from PreK3 through 8th grade participated in various activities to spark creativity. Some read the book The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds, others watched Peter H. Reynolds on video speak about how to be creative, and others took a more academic role.
For example, during a lesson on how to use a microscope, 7th grade students found that printed letters are actually made from dots! Kindergarten had the opportunity to work with the multi-age All Stars. With help from Global Connections Coordinators Kathryn Smith-Rouse and Ted Richter, kindergarten connected with another kindergarten class in China who was also celebrating International Dot Day! The day was filled with examples of our students creatively making their mark in classes throughout the campus.
Bravo to our teachers for inspiring great ideas and connections. All the activities were aimed at showing students that with a little encouragement and some courage, all of us can make our mark on the world. Look for the East Side "Make Your Mark" canvas in the Pavilion where you can see firsthand the creativity of each Early Primary, Upper Primary and Intermediate student.
ADMISSIONS OPEN HOUSES COMING IN OCTOBER and NOVEMBER
"SHARE THE GIFT OF A CORBETT PREP EDUCATION"
Thank you ahead of time for sharing the GIFT of a Corbett Prep EDUCATION with your friends and family by informing them of our upcoming Admissions Open Houses.
- Open Houses will be on Tuesday, Oct. 15, and Thursday, Nov. 14 at 8:30 a.m. in the Grand Room.
- Please remember that if you have friends whom you would like us to contact, contact Maribel Garrett, Director of Admissions, and/or Dawn Bronson, Admissions Assistant, at (813) 961-3087.
- They will be sure to personally invite them to the Open House or to visit Corbett Prep for a personal tour.
By PFA President Kaly Srinivas
TWO GREAT OPPORTUNITIES TO GET TO KNOW YOUR CORBETT PREP FRIENDS: Family Friendly FALL FESTIVAL & Adult-Only FALL SOCIAL!
It is FALL FESTIVAL time... Calling all Volunteers – Your FALL FESTIVAL Committee needs your help. Please sign up to volunteer. Each shift is only 30 minutes, giving you ample time to enjoy with your kids and get to know other families.
Fall Festival is the school year's first community-building event. Everyone is welcome and we hope to see you there. Yet to purchase a meal ticket? We got you covered. You can always purchase a meal at the door. We always have extras.
PEACOCK CLASSIC FALL SOCIAL – OCT. 18, 2019
- Join us for a night of fun-filled entertainment, dancing, raffles and auctions – I am told there are a lot of exciting items being auctioned that night.
- Dinner guests get the first opportunity to buy tickets to ride or walk along the float in the Children's Gasparilla Parade in January – another Corbett Prep tradition.
- Purchase your FALL SOCIAL tickets: https://corbettprep.ejoinme.org/peacockclassic
Be on the lookout next week for volunteer signup for both the golf tournament and fall social dinner. Our volunteers are the key to a successful event, and Corbett Prep parents always rise up to the occasion to show their support.
- Oct. 2 – PFA General Meeting
- Oct. 14 – Peacock Classic Golf Tournament
- Oct. 18 – Peacock Classic Fall Social
PROUD MOMENTS SOAR
TO OUR CORBETT PREP FAMILIES, PLEASE SHARE SPECIAL MOMENTS SO THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY WITH YOU by EMAILING firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAOMI FLEMING - 7th GRADE had the great opportunity to record with professional music artist Chloe Lowry and she appears in her first professional video. Naomi's singing part is between the 2:30 & 2:50 mark. The video was also done to support a fight cancer campaign. We are so proud of Naomi! BRAVO!!!
See you tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 27 for the Fall Festival! We'll be there from 5-8 p.m. on the East Side campus!Download Enclosures