Grandparents' Day News You Need!
Grandparents' Day is TOMORROW! We have important information and updates to make this a positive experience for everyone.
Remember: Friday is a HALF DAY with classes performing and hosting meet-and-greets at different times all morning. Dismissal begins at 11:45 a.m. We will offer Extended Day until 5:30 p.m. If students leave early with their families, please sign them out with their classroom teachers!
How to watch
We are streaming the show live on Zoom from 8:30-11:30 a.m. tomorrow (Friday, Nov. 19) for families and friends who are off campus: https://corbettprep.zoom.us/j/82752992767
You can watch the entire show or just your child's class. Please see the performance schedule below for each group.
Information for students
Students need to wear green Corbett Prep polos with black or tan bottoms – athletic shorts are for another time. Students will begin the day with their class and go with them to their performance and the meet-and-greet.
Information for grandparents
Grandparents and "Grandfriends" will be able to park in front of the school on the east side of Orange Grove Drive near the Main Office. Additional parking is available at the Middle School and in our overflow lot just north of the main parking area for guests who are comfortable with a short walk. Our faculty and staff will park off site to free up as many spaces as possible!
When guests arrive, look for a registration table or Student Ambassador for guidance on finding the right location! We will have maps, schedules and programs available to get everyone where they need to go!
Performance and Meet and Greet Schedule
- Early Primary (PreK3-K): Perform 8:30-9 a.m. (Farish Center); Meet and Greet 9-9:45 a.m. (Pavilion)
- Upper Primary (Grades 1-2): Perform 9-9:30 a.m. (Bugs Circle near the Dance Room); Meet and Greet 9:30-10:15 a.m. (Upper Primary Playground and Harry's Deck)
- All Stars (Multiage 3/4) and 5th Grade: Perform 9:30-10 a.m. (Gatlin Hall field); Meet and Greet 10-10:45 a.m. (in front of Tomlin Family Application Lab)
- Navigators (3rd Grade) and Explorers (4th Grade): Perform 10-10:30 a.m. (Farish Center); Meet and Greet 10:30-11:15 a.m. (Decks by 3rd and 4th grade classrooms)
- Middle School (Grades 6-8): Perform 10:30-11 a.m. (Gatlin Hall field); Meet and Greet 11-11:45 a.m. (Pavilion)
- Spirit of IDS Chorus and Warriors' Pride Chorus: Perform 11-11:30 a.m. (Gatlin Hall field)
Information for parents
Parents, please make sure your child's grandparents or grandfriends know the child's class name and grade. That will help us make sure they get to the correct performance.
Grandparents' Day is for grandparents and grandfriends only to ensure we have enough space for everyone. Fine Arts Nights for parents will take place on Nov. 30 (Intermediate Division) and Dec. 2 (Early and Upper Primary and Middle School).
We are looking forward to finishing this week with smiles and gratitude for each other!
Mark Your Calendars
Important upcoming dates:
- FRIDAY, NOV. 19: Noon dismissal for Grandparents' Day. Extended Day will be open until 5:30 p.m.
- MONDAY, NOV. 22-FRIDAY, NOV. 26: Thanksgiving break for students, faculty and staff
- MONDAY, NOV. 29: Students return
- TUESDAY, NOV. 30: Fine Arts Night for Intermediate (3rd-5th grade)
- TUESDAY, NOV. 30: Giving Tuesday Community Service Day for Middle School
- THURSDAY, DEC. 2: Fine Arts Night for Primary & Middle School (PreK3-2nd grade; 6th-8th grade)
- SATURDAY, DEC. 4: The Peacock Classic Golf Tournament & Tailgate After Party
- FRIDAY, DEC. 17: Noon Dismissal – Extended Day will be closed
- MONDAY, DEC. 20-MONDAY, JAN. 3: Winter Break
- TUESDAY, JAN. 4: Students Return
Download and print the December calendar!
Register Now for After-School Programs
A new session of After-School Activities, Community School of the Arts, Community School for Sports and Community School of Languages will begin after Thanksgiving break!
The Winter session begins on Monday, Nov. 29 and concludes on Tuesday, Feb. 15. Selections vary each session but may include dancing, music lessons, basketball, fishing and canoeing, soccer, fitness, chess and more! We are always adding new opportunities!
We look forward to seeing you for the Winter Session. Thank you for allowing us to have your child(ren) participate in our programs!
For information about After-School Programs, contact Dewey Wong.
Admissions Reminder: Submit Sibling Applications Soon!
Interest in Corbett Prep is at an all-time high, and we hosted a record number of prospective families at our Admissions Open House on Tuesday (thank you to everyone who helped out and all of you who referred Corbett Prep to your friends and neighbors!). We want to make sure YOU have a spot here for 2022-23, especially if you are planning to enroll a sibling or a friend or relative is ready to apply.
Contact our Office of Admissions to start the process – classes will fill up! Re-enrollment for current students begins in January!
If you have any questions or you would like to schedule a personal tour, please email email@example.com or call (813) 961-3087.
Save the Date: Winter Fine Arts Night
Our annual Winter Fine Arts Night will take place over two nights this year to spread out the crowds!
Students in the Intermediate Division (Grades 3, 4 and 5 and multiage All Stars) will perform Tuesday, Nov. 30.
Students in the Primary Division (PreK3, PreK4, Kindergarten and 1st and 2nd graded and multiage classes) and Middle School (Grades 6, 7 and 8) will perform Thursday, Dec. 2.
Both shows begin at 6:30 p.m. in Gatlin Hall, and the doors open at 6.
Parents, it's your turn to be the audience for an amazing production where our students shine. Every student performs. Please clear your calendars, and plan to allow students to participate in the entire performance filled with music, dance, instrumental pieces and student speakers!
Students should wear Corbett Prep green polo shirts and khaki or black pants.
Parent-Faculty Association (PFA) News
By PFA President Lauren Lipschutz
Peacock Classic and Tailgate After-Party: Registration is open for our annual golf tournament and social on Dec. 4 at Westchase Golf Club. The Peacock Classic begins at 12:30 p.m., and the party kicks off at 4 p.m. with games, a cookout and a viewing of the SEC championship. These events are adult only, and you can choose to attend one or both. It's certain to be a great time, and the money raised supports Corbett Prep!
Want to learn more? Watch the video to hear all about it from our students!