THE COMMUNITY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS PROUDLY PRESENTS "DEAR EDWINA JR."
Join the Spoonapple Repertory Theatre Company as they perform, live from the garage, the Dear Edwina show!! This charming story by the writer of Junie B. Jones features 40 first through eighth grade CSA students, singing, dancing, and acting their hearts out! Watch as they put on an advice-giving show to try to earn a spot in the Kalamazoo Advice-a-palooza Festival! A true family show! Join us in Gatlin Hall for one of four performances!
Show times are Friday, May 11, 2018 at 5:30 P.M. and 8:00 P.M. and Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 2:00 P.M. and 7:00 P.M. *Please note-This performance will take place in Gatlin Hall.
Tickets are $10 if purchased in advance from a cast or crew member and $15 at the door!
Questions? Please e-mail Seth Travaglino.
Spring Book Fair
REMINDER: THE ANNUAL CORBETT PREP SPRING BOOK FAIR WILL TAKE PLACE AT BARNES & NOBLE ON NORTH DALE MABRY HWY. BEGINNING MONDAY, MAY 14, THROUGH MONDAY, MAY 21.
Barnes & Noble donates a percentage of all sales that are generated, including what is purchased in the cafe. This annual event provides an excellent opportunity for our families, alumni and members of the community to support the Corbett Prep Laney Library/Media Center. Remember to tell ALL cashiers at checkout that you are with the Corbett Prep Book Fair!
- Grades 2–8 Class Trips – Class trip schedules and permission slips were sent home in last week's Thursday folder. Please remember to check the schedule and return the permission slip. Summer Reading expectations for grades 3-8 will be available at the book fair. This is a great opportunity for students to purchase books for summer reading assignments and enjoyment!
- Primary Night, Wednesday, May 16 from 5–6:30 p.m. - Everyone is invited to join us on Wednesday, May 16 for "Primary Night" at the Book Fair! During "Primary Night" our youngest booklovers will be able to participate in cookie decorating and listen to stories, while looking for great books to enjoy this summer.
- Primary Night, Wednesday, May 16 at 6 p.m. - The Warriors' Pride Chorus will perform. They love to sing to large audiences, so please come for the fun and great entertainment.
- Please remember to purchase SCRIP for your family to shop at Barnes & Noble. The order form was sent in last week's Thursday folder. The school earns additional funds when purchases are made using SCRIP.
- Friends and family can also participate with their support. Just visit any Barnes & Noble store between May 14-21 or shop online from May 14-26 (we get five extra days to shop online) and enter Book Fair ID# 12366407 at checkout.
Athletic Awards Night
6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 17 in Gatlin Hall
Commitment, Achievement, Persistence, Team Work
Join Corbett Prep Coaches as we honor our Warrior Athletes! ALL Fall, Winter, and Spring Teams will be recognized!
We are hoping & encouraging everyone attending to bring finger food items. We are hoping for items such as finger sandwiches, pizza sliced into small pieces, chicken fingers, pigs in a blanket, veggies, and sliced fruit, along with dessert items like cookies, cakes, and brownies.
COMMUNITY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
CSA SPRING MUSIC RECITALS will be held in the Farish Center on May 14 at 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. and May 15 at 6 p.m. All music students should sign up for one performance. If you still need to sign up, please email Tom McColley. We look forward to two nights of wonderful music.
CSA DANCE RECITAL is scheduled for Saturday, May 19. At 11 a.m., we feature students from all of our dance classes. This program features a fabulous variety of dance styles and all of our CSA dancers. All dancers have a dress rehearsal on Friday, May 18, right after school. If you have questions please email Jarrett Koski.
May 14-18 is the final week of CSA lessons and classes for Trimester 3.
FIFTH GRADE EXHIBITION PROJECTSYOU CAN HELP: The Fifth Grade Class would like to inspire you and share their experiences about how they chose to make the world a better place.
PLEASE be sure to read all of the descriptions of our students' projects to determine if you would be willing to contribute to helping make a difference for others. The students are totally grateful for any and all levels of participation. Thank you for your kindness!