Dear Corbett Prep families,
On behalf of our teachers and staff, we want to sincerely thank all of our families for teaming with us to help keep learning alive through remote learning! We just completed our first five days with multiple firsts occurring everyday! We have all learned so much. The learning curve is swaying up and down, while we pilot so many different ways to model a balance between novelty and routine designed to keep the learner engaged.
We want to remind you of a few things, as we move forward together on this new journey:
- When you need help, our tech team is there to advise and guide just by going to Help@corbettprep.com as often as needed. You can also call the office at (813) 961-3087 and get live help or leave a message.
- The new date announced by the Florida Department of Education for returning to school is May 1. We will continue to maintain our school schedule remotely through that date.
- As advised by FCIS for what will be expected for our students, attendance is taken every day. Students are expected to be in class ready to learn and dive into the lessons for both academic classes and specials. Learning the importance of being on time is also a part of remote schooling.
- The teachers are working long hours to create interactive lessons that demonstrate variety and attention to varying learning styles in order to increase on task learning. Our approach to team teaching, team planning and sharing ideas across divisions all add to create a positive energy to make the "New Normal" work! We appreciate the abundance of gratitude texts, emails, posts, etc. supporting our teachers and recognizing their effort and "grit." Your suggestions for improvements are also helpful.
- The calendar set for 2019-20, will be the same for next week. Friday, April 10 is still a holiday — school-free day. Wednesday, April 8 remains a half day for remote Zoom teacher in-service. April 9 will remain optional for Parent/Teacher Conferences as needed. Last year, we introduced Zoom in spring to be used for optional conferences. Your teachers will reach out to you for next steps for April 9.
- Gratitude to all of you...OUR precious families. It is our hope that when this experience is over, we will all be proud that we learned so much and showed that together we can overcome and succeed!
More details will follow!
Oceans of gratitude to all,
Dr. Joyce Burick Swarzman, Headmaster