GET READY FOR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!
Challenge Accepted!! Friday, Jan. 24
The PE Team is offering a free PE day to the class with the most participants. Third through 8th grade will get a Matball day and PreK through 2nd grade will get a free choice day!!
17th ANNUAL STUDENT/FACULTY SPORTS CHALLENGE is taking place TOMORROW - Friday, Jan. 24 at 5:30 p.m. in Gatlin Hall. For reservations and food orders, register at: https://corbettprep.ejoinme.org/sportschallenge
WE ARE ACCEPTING ENTRIES AT THE DOOR ON FRIDAY. This is a night for the whole family to have fun together and with other Corbett Prep families from every grade!!
Please come out to cheer for the Girls Volleyball Team and the Boys Basketball Team, as well as the opportunity to cheer for your Teachers who will try their best to win the games! See the Cheer Team perform and join the hula hoop and basketball shooting contests. ANNOUNCEMENT: We have volunteer opportunities at our check-in/registration table, the concessions stand, as well as inside Gatlin Hall at our "Shout-Outs" table. Please sign up online if you are interested in volunteering.
This year 2nd grader/ Multiage Cool Cat C.J. Novatkoski and 6th grader Cameron Samuel will make their coaching debuts! They won this opportunity at last year's Big Event. They will lead a star-studded list of teachers as their amazing coaches!
CSA: COMMUNITY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS PRESENTS 4 TERRIFIC PERFORMANCES Of FROZEN JR. – A MUSICAL
Saturday, Jan. 25, 2 p.m. & 7 p.m. & Sunday, Jan. 26, 1 p.m. & 6 p.m.
Our CSA Musical Theatre production of Frozen JR. brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life onstage in the Farish Center! The show features all the songs from the animated film, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
The directors are the enthusiastic and talented team of Julie Nelson and Janice Carlin. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $15.
TAMPA MUSEUM OF ART 2020 YOUNG AT ART: STUDENT ART EXHIBITION K – 8
Art Teachers Jim Vyverberg and Debbie Kerr are excited to report:
- Each year the Tampa Museum of Art invites Hillsborough County art Teachers to submit a student's artwork for the Young at Art Student Exhibition. The museum celebrates the creativity of this year's submissions from students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- This year 7th grader Oriana Attias's Tibetan Sand Painting will represent Middle School and 4th grader Ankita Dutta's Koru concentric line project will represent the Elementary School.
- Please join our art team for celebration of the young artists of Corbett Prep during the exhibition reception on Sunday, Jan. 26 from 2-4 p.m. at the Tampa Museum of Art. The Young at Art Student Exhibition is on view from Jan. 4 through Feb. 2, 2020 in the Golding Scher Classroom.
By PFA President Kaly Srinivas
BIG EVENT NEWS: THE NEXT BIG EVENT PLANNING MEETING is this FRIDAY, JAN. 24 at 8 a.m. on the 2nd floor of the Main Office. Help us plan the party with a purpose! ALL ARE WELCOME!
- SPONSOR THE BIG EVENT! BIG EVENT sponsorships offer a great opportunity to advertise your business or show your class and/or family pride in Corbett Prep! Sponsorships range from $225 - $5,000. Register by February 14 to be included in sponsor recognition!
- AUCTION ITEMS NEEDED! Each year the BIG EVENT auction is filled with wonderful items that have been graciously donated by our families, teachers and staff. Our wish list includes tickets to sporting events, theme parks, concerts, sports and entertainment memorabilia, toys, day trips, weekend getaways, health and wellness items, gift certificates for restaurants, music/art lessons, jewelry, artwork and so much more! You name it, we'll gladly take it!
- To become a sponsor, donate an auction item, get event tickets and for ALL things BIG EVENT, visit us online!
YAY!!! PFA MOVIE MADNESS IS BACK! Movie Madness on January 29, 2020: Corbett Prep's next noon dismissal is on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020. Join us for our very own private movie screening.
Tickets and meal pre-purchase options available for purchase online beginning Monday, Jan. 20, 2020.
PROUD MOMENTS SOAR
TO OUR CORBETT PREP FAMILIES, PLEASE SHARE SPECIAL MOMENTS THAT EVERYONE CAN ENJOY WITH YOU BY EMAILING email@example.com
Meagan Cherry: Class of 2005: Today was Meagan Cherry's last day as part of our Corbett Prep staff, where she worked on alumni, annual giving, extended day and as a beloved substitute! Meagan's first master's degree was in school psychology, and she just completed her second master's degree in marriage and family therapy. So, starting next week, she will begin working at Mease Countryside Hospital – BayCare as well as counseling with Phoenix Counseling Services. Congratulations, Meagan! We are so proud of you!!
CORBETT PREP SPELLING BEE SHINES LIGHT ON STUDENT EFFORT AND GRIT!
First there were 88 competitors in the schoolwide Spelling Bee, with six students becoming the finalists after many rounds of competition. The final Spell-Off Spelling Bee will be held Thursday, Feb 6 in Gatlin Hall with first grade through eighth grade in attendance to support their classmates. A HUGE TRIBUTE with oceans of GRATITUDE to Mrs. Vickii Johnson for planning, organizing, and implementing a very professional Spelling Bee process, modeled after the SCRIPPS National Spelling Bee in Washington, DC!
This year's contestants came to SPELL! After months of practice our 6 finalists are to be congratulated for their stamina, resilience, perseverance, and love of language as they embraced the challenge of spelling multisyllabic words that would test the best of us! The winner of the Spell-Off will represent Corbett Prep in the Regional Spelling Bee that will take place in Haines City on Feb. 28. The top spellers from our schoolwide Spelling Bee all deserve a standing ovation!
- 4th Grade Going Places: Ankita Dutta
- 5th Graders: Kyra Patel and Dakota Gimenez
- 7th Graders: Rohan Patel and Keegan Clamp
- 8th Grader: Alex Cardona