- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, TEACHER INSERVICE/STUDENT HOLIDAY
- SCHOOL RESUMES ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (HURRICANE MAKEUP DAY)
- If you need Extended Day for Thursday, February 15, please remember to: 1) send a lunch and 2) reserve a space...unless you have a yearly plan!
RED ALERT: NEXT WEEK IS ALMOST HERE!
FOR ALL PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS and FRIENDS of CORBETT PREP!
Tuesday, February 20, 7:00 p.m. in the Grand Room
The Parent's Playbook: How To Help Your Child Avoid Costly Mistakes Online and the Top 10 Mistakes Kids Make Online
YES! WE WISH WE COULD REQUIRE THIS FOR ALL PARENTS!!!
PARENTS: It's a different world out there. We need to be prepared! So please join us for a parent-only evening to support "TEAM KIDS!" You may also bring adult friends who would like this information. This is for parents of children of all ages! Corbett Prep is pleased to be able to host two informative, eye-opening presentations by Lori Smith on how to keep tweens and teens smart and safe online and on their phones. During the day, she will address the middle school students. In the evening, her presentation for parents will include:
- Understanding today's "Digital Native"
- Learn about the most common mistakes teens and tweens make on social media and how it impacts their future.
- Understand the legal implication of social media mistakes
- Learn how to monitor children to avoid school disciplinary issues...There are so many more options that parents need to know about and the information is constantly needing updates...
- Learn about new apps popular with teens and the risks involved
- Resources to make you social media savvy parents
- How online behavior affects school enrollment, college admissions, and sports recruiting
- Question and Answer period to follow.
PLAN AHEAD: NEW LUNCH SESSION III BEGINS
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2018
- SIGNING UP NOW WILL ENSURE A SMOOTH TRANSITION for your child's lunch program!
- The Session III lunch form is online
- This is a reminder to complete the lunch form to make a smooth transition to Session III by signing up before Monday, February 26, 2018.
- The last day of lunch for Session II is Friday, February 23. Lunches include fresh vegetables, fruit, and a healthy drink.
- There is a generous savings on lunch costs when you order the Full Purchase Plan Option.
- Walk-ups are $6.50. WALKUPS will need to have a credit card on file with the business office or pay with cash or check daily.
**THE BIG EVENT IS JUST TWO WEEKS AWAY**
FINAL CALL FOR SPONSORSHIPS! There is still time to sponsor the Big Event! To become a sponsor and advertise your business or simply show your class / family pride in Corbett Prep, register by Monday, February 19.
Sweepstakes tickets are still available. Take your chance! Purchase sweepstakes tickets online!
- WIN YOUR OWN PARKING SPACE FOR A YEAR
- SEND A TEACHER OR STAFF MEMBER ON A WEEKEND GETAWAY
- NEW - **HEADMASTER OF THE DAY SWEEPSTAKES**
TICKET SALES ARE GOING ON NOW! TICK TOCK!! Let's get this party started! Purchase your Back to the 80's tickets today!
CHECK OUT SOME OF THE NEW, GNARLY LIVE AUCTION ITEMS AVAILABLE WHEN YOU ATTEND THE BIG EVENT!
- Camp Robin Hood Two-Week Sleep Away Camp In New Hampshire
- Clearwater Wyndham Getaway
- Breckenridge Ski Condo
- Floor Seats to the Charlotte Hornets vs Orlando Magic on 4/6
- Puppy & Puppy Training Package
ANNOUNCING... THE WINNERS OF THE AUCTION CATALOGUE COVER CONTEST
Congratulations to the following students who won the Big Event Auction Catalogue Cover Contest:
1st Place: Sofia Rodriguez - 6G
2nd Place: Elizabeth Han - Going Places
3rd Place: Alexis McFarland - Going Places
ALL Big Event Auction Catalogue Cover Contest Entries will be featured in the catalogue.
CALLING ALL CASSETTE TAPES, RECORDS AND 8 TRACKS TOO!
Check your attics and garages. Have any that you want to donate to the Big Event? Let Kristine Hawley Reens know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit corbettprep.ejoinme.org/bigevent for sponsorships / sweepstakes / tickets / donations – EVERYTHING BIG EVENT!
Friday Night, March 2, 2018 – 8:00 p.m.
NINTH ANNUAL CORBETT PREP SPELL-OFF RESULTS
by Mrs. Kim Rostick and Mrs. Vickii Johnson
The Spelling Bee Spell-off took place last week in a school-wide assembly.
Corbett Prep's top six spellers competed in Gatlin Hall with students, teachers, classmates and families, on Thursday, February 8, for an outstanding scholastic competition of spelling precision, increased vocabulary, and development of correct English usage, including learning about the country of origin for each word. Thank you to all six spellers for their dedication, commitment, persistence and total dedication to hard work. Setting history once again, our final two spellers, Brennan Fargher and Carlos Pasquotto battled through 19 rounds showing their spelling prowess.
We would like to congratulate 6th grader Carlos Pasquotto who will represent Corbett Prep at the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C. We wish Carlos much success as he prepares to study the multi-syllabic words with multiple origins that will await him on this next spelling journey!
100 DAYS of SCHOOL MADE SPECIAL!
FROM THE KINDERGARTEN FROGS AND BEACH BUDDIES: "WE ARE 100 DAYS WISER!"
We devoted our entire day on Wednesday, February 7, 2018 to this magical number, participating in activities related to the number of the day – "100"!
Creativity was in full swing as our students entered the classrooms displaying in some fashion the number 100. Shirts were made, hats were adorned with 100 objects, posters were created, hair was tied with 100 rubber bands and barrettes, necklaces were strung, and students dressed as centenarians made everyone smile.
Some special 100th day activities included team building of structures with 100 items, 100th Day Nature Hunt, skip counting, 100th day dot painting, and 100th day exercises and relays, to name a few. We also enjoyed some of our favorite 100th Day books and took time to delight in our 100-piece snack.
Students reviewed "Nice is a good thing" and the Kindergarten Frogs wrote down "100 Acts of Kindness" to be displayed in our building. In addition, we counted 100 tally marks created out of popsicle sticks and used our creativity and imagination to turn this magical number into various objects and pictures.
It was an exciting day of learning and celebration! Cheers to 100 days of Early Primary magic!!!
Save the date
- NEXT WEEK! BE SURE TO VOLUNTEER FOR FIELD DAY on FEBRUARY 21! Call 813-961-3087 and let us know that we can count on you!
- NEXT WEEK! MIDDLE SCHOOL MUSICAL THEATRE PRESENTS: CAMP ROCK on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m.; Feb. 24 at 2 and 7 p.m.; Feb. 25 at 2 p.m.
YAY!! An EXCITING musical for the WHOLE FAMILY!