Corbett Prep families:
1. First, all news we hear from our families so far is that everyone is safe...even some have electricity! We are blessed and filled with gratitude for how we successfully dodged Irma's strong will in Tampa. Our friends worldwide heard about Tampa and have checked in with great concern for our welfare. All are relieved as we are...but now the cleanup and preparations to return begin.
2. But first, as we begin to reassess our personal needs and safe return to school, please remember our collection for others with our " Change for Change" campaign, which will continue when we return. The devastation in the islands and places before the hurricane hit the U.S., as well as other areas of Florida will still need our help...and remains an important project for our students.
3. Thank you to our facilities team for an incredibly thorough job in preparing our campus for the hurricane. Our beautiful and unique campus, however, is like many of our homes, covered with a carpet of debris from a good tree cleaning. Our staff will begin the major cleanup tomorrow. Yes, we need family volunteers who can help, as in past hurricanes. Our staff needs to prepare for the help. So, beginning Tuesday at 1 p.m., help would be appreciated. We are well aware that many of you have your own homes to take care of first and many of you will be working your way back to Tampa.
So please, only come if it works for you.
4. Corbett Prep will reopen to students on Thursday, Sept. 14! Faculty and staff will return on Wednesday, Sept. 13 to assess next steps and prepare for classes to resume Thursday. Back-to-School Night for Middle School will be rescheduled to 6:30 p.m. Sept. 19.
5. Those families and Corbett Prep faculty and staff returning to Tampa, wishing you a safe return.
6. To all, please: Check our texts, emails, Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates for the exact day to welcome our students back with gratitude and joy!
With total relief,
Dr. Joyce Burick Swarzman, Headmaster