Meet Our Team
The Olympic Mentality
At the heart of Corbett Preparatory School of IDS is teacher training. The Corbett Prep spirit is like the Olympic spirit, where the “best are always working to get better” (see Corbett Prep book It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a “Teacher of the Year”). Our teachers study together, discovering the latest research in what works in educating children. They embrace those methods that have proven most effective for challenging students to succeed.
At Corbett Prep, everyone works to create a community filled with the Vitamin C’s of caring, cooperation, collaboration and cohesiveness. We work together to ensure that Corbett Prep is a comfortable and enjoyable place for students, teachers, and all staff. Corbett Prep faculty and staff not only convey the right words of a worthy mission, but we live it everyday in and out of the classrooms. For example:
- We meet weekly to ensure that we are meeting the needs of all our students.
- We study and implement lessons that are creative, collaborative, and consciously focused on objectives. We use communication and cooperative skills, knowing the example we set and the school climate we create will motivate our students to reach, stretch, and grow.
- We embrace positive thinking and action, which has become the signature standard of Corbett Prep teachers and staff.
- We pride ourselves on being option seekers who turn dreams into possibilities.
- We plan instructional lessons with rigor, relevance, and resourcefulness, and this is a trademark of instruction in our dynamic classrooms.
Corbett Preparatory of IDS Faculty
- Corbett Prep faculty consists of over 90 full-time teachers, administrators, and support staff including our amazing facilities team.
- All classroom teachers are in compliance with state and/or Florida Council of Independent School standards and hold credentials necessary to teach in a Florida school.
- Many hold advanced degrees and are endorsed in Gifted Education from the University of South Florida College of Education Gifted Program.
- All teachers are trained to teach the International Baccalaureate Curriculum at their grade level and subject area.
- Corbett Prep staff are committed and dedicated to children first, with attention to academic success based upon developing student intellectual curiosity, emotional well-being, and socially supportive skills.
- The faculty are highly skilled people, known for being lifelong learners, with a commitment to continuously studying and implementing the research on effective teaching.
- The faculty is made up of respected, exemplary teachers who model teaching for visitors coming from far and wide who wish to learn how to facilitate learning with precision and finesse.